Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Mini Almond Dream Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 50 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) chocolate baking bar, divided (see Note)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 whole almonds
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending over sides. Coat foil with cooking spray. Line a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave half the baking chocolate 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallow creme 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir in vanilla and the melted chocolate; mix well. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Freeze 45 minutes or until firm.
- Lift candy from pan, and cut into 7 even bars, then cut each bar in half. Gently press 2 almonds in center of each candy bar.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining chocolate bar 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place candy bars in melted chocolate one at a time, coating evenly on all sides. Using a fork, remove each bar and shake off any excess chocolate; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bars. Refrigerate 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Remove from wax paper and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
The Test Kitchen used CANDIQUIK® candy coating, but chocolate melting wafers or discs will work just as well.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 222
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 11mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.