Bacon and Cheese Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love the smoky flavor of bacon then you'll love our comforting Bacon and Cheese Potato Casserole. This one dishes up hot 'n' hearty to team with any of your main dish favorites.
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, bring water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat. Remove saucepan from heat and gently stir in potato flakes, onion and bacon bits until well combined.
- Spoon potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese then pour cream over top. Sprinkle with scallions.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and edges are golden.
- For those of you who are skeptical about using potato flakes, trust us on this one...you won't be disappointed.
- And feel free to substitute shredded Cheddar cheese instead of the Swiss or your favorite variety.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!