We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a bring-along main dish for any gathering? We've got you covered with this Bring-Along Casserole! It's a down-home creamy chicken bake that has a crunchy topping, to add excitement to every forkful.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package butter-flavor crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups chunked cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers and butter; mix well and set aside 1/4 cup of mixture. Spoon remaining mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly distribute chicken over cracker layer. Sprinkle water chestnuts over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom and chicken soups, sour cream, water, garlic, basil, and pepper; mix well and pour over water chestnuts and chicken. Sprinkle with reserved cracker mixture.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Our Refrigerator Layered Salad pairs perfectly with this Bring-Along Casserole, and it's so easy you can make it the day before!
For a refreshing compliment, whip this up alongside our Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
- For even more ideas, check out our collection of the Best Make-Ahead Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.