Chilean Corn Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of Shepherd's Pie, then you're going to love this unique twist sent to us by Tess in California. Her recipe for Chilean Corn Pie is stuffed with a delicious ground corn mixture, instead of mashed potatoes! We think the hint of sweetness from the corn, paired with the savory meat filling, makes this casserole extra-tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and beef until beef is browned and onion is softened; drain off excess fat. Reduce heat to medium, add 1 teaspoon salt, and the cumin. Sprinkle flour over meat and let cook until flour is slightly browned. Stir in broth, then add peas and carrots. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- In a blender, combine corn and milk and puree until smooth. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, then add corn mixture and cook about 5 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Stir in remaining salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Place meat mixture in bottom of casserole dish, then spread corn mixture over top, covering completely.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and corn begins to brown. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.