Christmas Morning Strata
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hot and hearty, all-in-one, Christmas Morning Strata can be made the day before, so you can wake up any which way you want on Christmas morning without having to worry about what you're going to make for breakfast! Just pop it in the oven, serve, and let the whole gang dig in!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 6 cups cubed French bread
What to Do
- Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add remaining ingredients, including the sausage, and stir until bread is evenly coated. Pour into casserole dish, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until set in center. Serve immediately.
If you enjoy this Christmas Morning Strata, be sure to check out our collection of The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 879
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 71 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 43g 87 %
- Cholesterol 217mg 72 %
- Sodium 1,598mg 67 %
- Total Carbohydrates 101g 34 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 9.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)