Corn Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Tex-Mex inspired casserole is creamy, colorful, and, most importantly, flavorful. Our Corn Rice Casserole is hearty enough to be eaten on its own or can be paired with a Southwestern-style chicken dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 (11-ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can diced tomato and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf mild Mexican pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add bell pepper and onion and saute 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients including rice. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Friends always call and ask for recipes they can prepare ahead and freeze. Well, this recipe works great for that! To freeze it, line the baking dish with aluminum foil; fill and freeze. Lift the frozen casserole from the dish, and wrap it tightly with foil; return to the freezer. When you're ready to cook it, remove the foil, and place frozen casserole back into the serving dish. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then bake it as directed above, and get ready for rave reviews!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 341
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 581mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 54g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.