Gold Rush Corn Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
In the 19th century, folks went crazy for mining shiny gold nuggets all over the U.S., but the Native Americans treasured a different kind of "gold." It was corn! With its popularity came corn cakes, corn bread and even hot-from-the-oven corn bakes, like our Gold Rush Corn Bake. This updated corn casserole is to-die-for.
What You'll Need:
- 3 corn muffins, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch cast iron skillet or 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffins and 2 tablespoons butter; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, creamed corn, egg, the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Sprinkle one-third of corn muffin mixture in skillet. Top with half the corn mixture. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of corn muffin mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and golden on top.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 264
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.5g 11 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 624mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!