Golden Squash Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Around our Test Kitchen, we think everything tastes better with a bit of cheese! Of course, when it comes to lighter recipes, we turn to reduced-fat cheese varieties to add that creamy goodness! That's just what you'll find in our Golden Squash Casserole, so go ahead and dig in!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds (about 7) yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan, add squash with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or just until squash is tender. Drain well.
3. In a large bowl, combine squash, 1/2 cup cheese, mayonnaise, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until golden and heated through.
To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!