Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting classic that first become popular in the 1950s. Our version has the same mouthwatering flavors, but we've added a few shortcuts, so that you have more time to spend with the family. This tuna noodle casserole has a nostalgic feel, and you might just find all those childhood memories coming to join you at the table.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can solid tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (13-ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk; mix well. Add noodles, tuna, Swiss cheese, peas, butter, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then top evenly with French-fried onions.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- When it comes to the tuna, we think this is best with white solid tuna packed in water. It seems to give it the freshest taste. Yes, it’s a bit more expensive, so if you prefer, chunked in oil will work. The choice is yours.
- For more great-tasting dinners, check out our Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole, or Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole! For something a little fun and different, try our Macaroni Tuna Skillet!
- For some yummy salad options, check out our easy Caesar Salad recipe, or for something the whole family will love, try our Garbage Salad!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 552
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 104mg 35 %
- Sodium 881mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 7.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.