Holiday Cabbage Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
This recipe for our Holiday Cabbage Casserole is going to be the best thing on your dinner table this Christmas season! A delicious and easy casserole recipe that takes that cabbage you love and makes it into something comforting and warm. Cabbage casserole is a crowd favorite, so why not bring it to your loved ones this year? We're positive everyone will be wanting seconds!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and cut into 2- inch pieces
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, sauteed onions, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add cabbage and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place cabbage mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover foil, sprinkle top with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese, and the fried onions. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden and heated through.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!