Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole is a tasty way to use up all of your leftover hot dogs. Top it off with some chili and cheese, and you'll have a dish the whole gang'll line up for! Hot dog!
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-1/2-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 5 hot dogs, cut in 1/2-inch slices (see note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, and cayenne pepper with a spoon; mix well. Stir in hot dogs, then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, then slice.
- Feel free to use hot dogs right out of the package or grill them first for that BBQ flavor.
- And if you want to give this a bit of that southwestern zip, top with chili and some shredded Cheddar cheese before serving.
- All you need is a crispy, crunchy salad like our Broccoli Raisin Salad, and you've got a beautiful meal that your group is sure to love!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)