Impossible Tuna Tomato Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Change up dinnertime by serving up slices of our Impossible Tuna Tomato Pie. Your gang'll love the idea of getting to eat pie for dinner, and you'll love how easy it is to make!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, tomato, cheese, and basil. Distribute evenly in pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, biscuit baking mix, eggs, and pepper until mixture is smooth. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This is great as is, or with your own favorite flavorings or veggies added.
- There are also many lighter products available that substitute well for "regular" items, such as skim milk, light cheese, and even reduced-fat biscuit baking mix. If you want to use egg substitute, remember that 1/2 cup egg substitute equals 2 eggs.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!