Layered Spaghetti Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We sure don't mind leftovers of this creamy spaghetti; it's just as good or better the next day. The only problem is that our Layered Spaghetti Casserole is so lip-smacking good, you might not have any left!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine pasta, meat mixture, and sauce; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk; cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish; pour Parmesan cheese sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
If you enjoyed this spaghetti dinner recipe, be sure to try Spaghetti Pie: Our Best Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 793
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48g 74 %
- Saturated Fat 27g 134 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 38g 76 %
- Cholesterol 157mg 52 %
- Sodium 1,438mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)