Satisfying Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We took a few shortcuts to make this recipe for Satisfying Shepherd's Pie, because we know that sometimes the cravings for shepherd's pie come on suddenly and you have to have it fast! Boy do we love this hearty meat, potato, and veggie casserole.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1.15-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (18-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain excess liquid, if necessary. Add soup mix, gravy, garlic powder, and black pepper; mix well. Stir in vegetables.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
- Did you know that in England this wouldn't be considered Shepherd's Pie? The British call it Cottage Pie, since authentic Shepherd's Pie is actually made with chunks of lamb. It'll be fun to share this bit of trivia when serving up this casserole.
- As the weather gets cooler, we enjoy our casseroles even more, and they make our lives easier, too! Take a look at our Pasta Casserole collection for some easy and delicious options!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 437
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 26g 53 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!