We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says cobbler has to be sweet? Not Mr. Food! Try Steak Cobbler for a tasty change of pace!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds beef top or bottom round, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10-12 biscuits)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper; mix well. Add beef chunks and toss until well coated.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add beef chunks, reserving flour mixture. Saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until beef is slightly browned.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; when hot, add onions and mushrooms, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except biscuits; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in reserved flour mixture and cook 1 to 2 more minutes, or until slightly thickened. Pour beef mixture into baking dish. Place biscuits over meat mixture.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.