Stuffed Peppers Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; saute green pepper and onion 4 to 5 minutes, or just until veggies start to soften. Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes more, or until no pink remains in the beef. Drain liquid from skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, rice, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon into baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 25 minutes, remove foil, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.