We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty south-of-the-border beefy Tamale Casserole made with an easy cornmeal crust is simply out of this world. Teamed with your favorite Tex-Mex go-alongs, its got just the right amount of spice and stick-to-your-ribs comfort!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce can) pitted black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over high heat, cook ground chuck and onion until browned. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, mix milk with cornmeal and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Line bottom and sides of prepared casserole dish with cooked cornmeal.
Stir corn and olives into meat mixture and spoon into casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and cook 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through.
- Recipe adapted from Beyond Delicious: The Ghost Whisperer's Cookbook, by Mary Ann Winkowski and David Powers.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 558
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 32g 65 %
- Cholesterol 99mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,269mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.9g 20 %
- Sugars 8.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!