Impressive Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What makes this chicken pot pie recipe so impressive? The fact that it's made from scratch! Our Impressive Chicken Pot Pie is downright tasty, and it will look absolutely beautiful on your kitchen table. This creamy chicken pot pie is going to impress everyone lucky enough to be invited over for dinner on the night you serve it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated, rolled pie crusts
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate; set aside.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter; cook carrots and celery 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms and peas and continue to cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables to a small dish; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/2 stick butter in same skillet; whisk in flour and cook 1 minute or until golden, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cooked chicken, onion powder, salt, pepper, and reserved vegetables.
- Pour chicken filling into crust. Unroll second pie crust and place over chicken mixture. Pinch edges together and flute.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly hot. Enjoy!
Check This Out!
- For more tasty chicken dinners, try our Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes!
- Our Easy Chicken Pot Pie is a thing of beauty, and our Mini Chicken Pot Pies are perfect for the kids.
- For something extra special, make Grandma's Gourmet Chicken Pot Pie! And for a lighter version of this dish, try our Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
These recipes bring comfort to the kitchen!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!