Frozen Pecan Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This one's definitely worth the wait, 'cause after a few hours in the freezer, out pops one super sensation!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups crumbled shortbread cookies
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 package (6 ounces) white baking bars
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crushed cookies, 1 cup pecans, and 1/4 cup butter. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, forming a crust. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the half-and-half and the white baking bars. Stir constantly over medium heat until the bars have melted and the mixture is smooth; remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and the remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup nuts. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes, until thoroughly blended. Continue beating while adding the half-and-half mixture. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes, until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into the crust, cover, and freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes before serving.