Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 5 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate June is Dairy Month than by making a decadent, Italian style cheesecake that uses a collection of dairy aisle favorites. It’s easy, it’s delicious and with many of the items at special prices this month, it’s hard to resist. And while you’re at the market, take a few extra minutes to explore all that the dairy aisle has to offer.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- Fresh fruit for garnish, optional
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter; press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake 4 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat ricotta cheese, yogurt, remaining 1 cup sugar, the flour, lemon juice, and zest until thoroughly combined. Add cream cheese and eggs and beat until smooth; pour into pie crust.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until center is nearly set. Cool 60 minutes and then refrigerate 5 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh fruit, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip
Feel free to experiment by changing up the flavor of yogurt. With so many options, there is something for everyone.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!