All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Years ago the only fried chicken was Southern-fried, and there's no doubt that it's delicious, but in terms of fried chicken recipes , oven-"fried" has its merits, too. With our All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks, you'll get the best of everything. Crispy chicken on the outside and juicy on the insides! Chicken drumsticks have never been better and we're sure this is an oven-fried chicken drumstick recipe you don't wanna miss!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place flour in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, beat eggs with milk, just until mixed. In a plastic bag, mix together bread crumbs and seasonings.
Dredge chicken in flour, one or two pieces at a time, coating evenly. Dip floured chicken pieces into egg mixture, then place in bread crumb mixture; close bag and shake to coat well.
Place butter in a large baking dish and melt in oven. Arrange chicken in a single layer over melted butter, turning to coat both sides.
Bake 25 minutes; turn chicken and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until golden brown and no pink remains.
- Oven-fried recipes give you the feeling of deep-fried food, without all the guilt. Be sure to check out our recipes for Baked Crispy Chicken and Crispy Oven Fried Chicken.
- Don't forget to pair these oven-fried chicken drumsticks with a side of mashed potatoes!
- Want to check out some of our other fried chicken recipes? We've got all the traditional and oven-fried chicken recipes you need in our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 10 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
- Are you a fan of dark meat chicken? Then don't miss these easy meals made with chicken thighs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 529
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 52g 103 %
- Cholesterol 324mg 108 %
- Sodium 825mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 2.6g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.