All-in-One Southern Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you get when you take a bunch of your favorite Southern foods and serve 'em all together? You get an All-in-One Southern Dinner of course! This Southern-inspired dinner recipe has it all - cornbread, chicken, mixed veggies, and gravy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) cornbread or cornbread muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 pound frozen breaded chicken tenderloins, baked according to package directions
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar chicken gravy
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse cornbread into fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a large bowl; add butter and mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into baking dish to form crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables and gravy to chicken; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Check This Out!
- If you're looking for another Southern dinner recipe, check out our recipe for Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks or our Catfish 'n' Biscuits.
- We've got more dinner casseroles you're going to love. Make our Classic Scalloped Chicken, or our Amish Country Casserole.
- Looking for a Southern dessert recipe? Try our Southern-Style Peach Pie or our Butter Pecan Cake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 617
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 9.6g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 80mg 27 %
- Sodium 1,527mg 64 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.0g 32 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.