Baked Crispy Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Just 'cause you're trying to eat healthier doesn't mean you have to cut out fried chicken! Our Baked Crispy Chicken is an oven-fried chicken recipe that delivers the same amount of crispy yumminess as the deep-fried kind, but without all the guilt!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine egg, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and onion and celery salts.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour vinegar mixture over it. Cover and marinate 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken several times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a large shallow baking dish in oven.
- Place potato flakes in a shallow dish and roll chicken pieces in flakes until well coated. Place chicken pieces skin-side down in baking dish into melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, or until cooked through.
Check This Out!
- We suggest serving these with a side of our Best Mashed Potatos Ever, our Sweet Onion Casserole, or our Thyme Roasted Mushrooms.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 494
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 70g 141 %
- Cholesterol 262mg 87 %
- Sodium 1,459mg 61 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %