Baked Crispy Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Just 'cause you're trying to eat healthier doesn't mean you have to cut out fried chicken! Our Baked Crispy Chicken is an oven-fried chicken recipe that delivers the same amount of crispy yumminess as the deep-fried kind, but without all the guilt!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine egg, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and onion and celery salts.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour vinegar mixture over it. Cover and marinate 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken several times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a large shallow baking dish in oven.
- Place potato flakes in a shallow dish and roll chicken pieces in flakes until well coated. Place chicken pieces skin-side down in baking dish into melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, or until cooked through.
- How about a side of crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes to get even more applause?!?
- This is one great-tasting baked chicken, but if you're looking for even more chicken recipes be sure to check out our collection of 14 Tasty, Quick, & Easy Chicken Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 494
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 70g 141 %
- Cholesterol 262mg 87 %
- Sodium 1,459mg 61 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!