Bistro Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to feel like you're dining in a French bistro...right in your own kitchen? Well you can when you make our delicious homemade Bistro Chicken Salad. With a hint of tarragon, this one is a stand-out!
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
In a large soup pot, combine chicken broth, water and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add chicken to mayonnaise mixture; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
A fancy way to serve this is to place a scoop of chicken salad on a romaine lettuce leaf and surround it with slices of fresh melon.
- Chicken Salad is a great way to make tasty use of leftover cooked chicken. Another Test Kitchen favorite is Fruity Chicken Salad, but there are lots of other easy and delicious chicken salad recipes here on mrfood.com, so check them out!
- If you liked this easy chicken salad recipe, check out our latest collection, How to Make Chicken Salad: 14 of Our Best Chicken Salad Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.