Cajun Chicken with Watermelon Mint Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! Spicy blackened Cajun-style chicken is topped off with a refreshing palate-cleansing Watermelon Mint Salsa. Sounds fancy, but this easy chicken skillet dish and watermelon topper is truly a match of tastes made in heaven.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato
- Seeded jalapeno to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh scallion (green onion)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
What to Do
- Make salsa by tossing watermelon, lime juice, tomato and jalapeno together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cilantro, mint, scallions, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Add chicken and coat with the spice mixture.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and place chicken breasts in pan. Blacken on both sides and saute just until cooked through.
- Top with Watermelon Mint Salsa and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!