Cajun Chicken with Watermelon Mint Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! Spicy blackened Cajun-style chicken is topped off with a refreshing palate-cleansing Watermelon Mint Salsa. Sounds fancy, but this easy chicken skillet dish and watermelon topper is truly a match of tastes made in heaven.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato
- Seeded jalapeno to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh scallion (green onion)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
What to Do
- Make salsa by tossing watermelon, lime juice, tomato and jalapeno together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cilantro, mint, scallions, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Add chicken and coat with the spice mixture.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and place chicken breasts in pan. Blacken on both sides and saute just until cooked through.
- Top with Watermelon Mint Salsa and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!