We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about temptation! Who could resist the creamy flavor combo of chicken baked in an Alfredo sauce?
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 ½ to 2 pounds total)
- 6 slices (6 ounces) mozzarella cheese (see Note)
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Place eggs in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Meanwhile, dip chicken breasts in eggs then in bread crumbs, coating completely. Place chicken in hot oil and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning halfway through cooking. Remove chicken breasts to prepared baking dish and top each breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is light golden.
One-and-a-half cups of shredded mozzarella cheese or even an Italian cheese blend can be used instead of the mozzarella slices.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 728
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 54g 82 %
- Saturated Fat 28g 138 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 44g 88 %
- Cholesterol 286mg 95 %
- Sodium 998mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!