Chicken Bott Boi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, Bott Boi is the real name for this traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dish. Because it's actually dressed-up bow-tie pasta and chunky veggies, we call it a great meal, too!
What You'll Need
- 10 cups water
- 1 chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 white potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
What to Do
In an 8-quart soup pot over medium-high heat, combine water, chicken, onion, celery, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 50 minutes.
Remove chicken to a platter, then add potatoes to pot and cook 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bone chicken, discarding bones and skin, and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pasta to pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Return chicken to pot and continue cooking until heated through. Serve in bowls.
This will thicken up as it sits, so you may want to add additional water when you re-heat any leftovers.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.