We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil are just a couple of the ingredients we use to make this flavorful and authentic-tasting recipe for Chicken Mediterranean. This is an easy chicken recipe you'll want to pull out when company is over, 'cause all the flavors are sure to impress them!
What You'll Need
- 10 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied (see Note)
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
- 4 basil leaves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Then, in a resealable plastic bag, crush crackers; add butter, mix, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, oil, parsley, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; process until tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Place chicken breasts on a flat surface; open them up like a book then lightly sprinkle both sides with additional salt and pepper. Place one piece of goat cheese on one half of each chicken breast and top each with a basil leaf. Evenly spoon one tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato mixture over each basil leaf.
- Fold over top half of each chicken breast; carefully place stuffed breasts in baking dish. Spoon remaining sun-dried tomato mixture evenly over chicken and sprinkle with cracker topping. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
Not sure how to butterfly a chicken breast? Just place it on a flat board and place your hand on top. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut horizontally three-fourths of the way through the chicken breast, so it opens like a book.