Chicken Thighs Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken thighs have to be one of the best values at our meat counter. Team them with saucy Italian flavors and a bit of red wine, and get ready for some really good eating. Don't forget the crusty bread for dunking!
What You'll Need
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large deep skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet then saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Return chicken to skillet; add wine and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 more minutes then serve topped with sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 309
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 29g 57 %
- Cholesterol 131mg 44 %
- Sodium 610mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!