Tortellini with Chicken and Pesto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whip up something tasty with our recipe for Tortellini with Chicken and Pesto. You'll love how the cheesy tortellini and chicken come together with a delicious homemade pesto sauce. This fresh-tasting dish is great for a potluck or family dinner. Plus, it's ready in less than 15 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine, basil, oil, Parmesan cheese, nuts, garlic, and salt; blend until smooth and set pesto aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini 6 to 7 minutes or until soft; drain and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, place tortellini, chicken, and roasted pepper. Pour 3/4 cup pesto over tortellini mixture and toss gently until evenly coated.
Refrigerate any leftover pesto for later use. And if you prefer to use store-bought pesto, go ahead. Any kind will work!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!