Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Okay, Italian-food aficionados, this recipe is a must-try. Serve it with buttered penne pasta and hot garlic bread to top off this quick and easy dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Increase heat to high, and add chopped tomatoes; cook until liquid is almost absorbed. Add whipping cream, and cook until slightly thickened. Remove sauce from heat; add basil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken in a 7- x 11-inch baking dish; pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 16 to 20 minutes or until done.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.