Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken and Rice is a tasty duo in our kitchen that we can always count on...and now it's tastier than ever.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain parboiled white rice (See Note)
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole chicken leg-thigh quarters, cut in half and skin removed (See Note)
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, water, rice, mushrooms, scallions, and pepper; mix well. Place chicken over soup mixture and sprinkle with soup mix.
- Cover and bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
Long-grain parboiled white rice, also known as Converted rice, can usually be found in the supermarket rice section. A whole cut-up chicken, chicken thighs, legs, or even chicken breast can be used here...whatever is your favorite part.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.