Chicken 'n' Rice Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a new go-to recipe? Look no further because this Chicken 'n' Rice Dinner is a one-dish slow-cooker wonder.
What You'll Need
- 5 large skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 9 ounces each)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- Place chicken in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir together broth and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 5 hours. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
To enhance the flavor of rice, toast uncooked rice in vegetable oil until light golden; then continue cooking the rice as directed on package. Toasting gives it a nutty flavor.
Want more chicken and rice recipes? Check out our collections page Simple Rice Recipes.