Chicken 'n' Rice Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a new go-to recipe? Look no further because this Chicken 'n' Rice Dinner is a one-dish slow-cooker wonder.
What You'll Need
- 5 large skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 9 ounces each)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- Place chicken in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir together broth and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 5 hours. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
To enhance the flavor of rice, toast uncooked rice in vegetable oil until light golden; then continue cooking the rice as directed on package. Toasting gives it a nutty flavor.
Want more chicken and rice recipes? Check out our collections page Simple Rice Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.