We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This shortcut version of the classic Hispanic favorite, the empanada, is made with convenient refrigerated pie crusts. Robust and satisfying, our Chicken Empanada goes from prep to table in about 30 minutes. Now, that's easy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 1 pie crust flat on a 14-inch pizza pan; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, corn, and fajita seasoning; remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture onto pie crust, leaving a 1-inch border around edge. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken mixture and brush edge of crust with egg. Place second pie crust flat over filling. Fold and press edges together. Using a fork, crimp to seal edge. Brush top with egg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.