Classic Chicken Fricassee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 pieces of meat
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, cut into tenths (each breast cut in half)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
What To Do:
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish and coat chicken evenly on all sides.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and heat oil until hot; brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from Dutch oven.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in Dutch oven; add carrots, celery, and onion, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, thyme, garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to Dutch oven, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer over low heat 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 716
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53g 82 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 88 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 47g 94 %
- Cholesterol 197mg 66 %
- Sodium 1,245mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 3.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!