Column A Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most Chinese restaurants have menus set up where you choose from meals in different columns. There's usually one column that has all my favorite choices...and this Chinese-flavored salad sure is number one with me!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (½ of a small head)
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (½ of a small head)
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (about 3 scallions)
- 1/4 pound snow peas, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the water, pat dry with a paper towel, and allow to cool. Slice the cooled chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch strips and place in a large salad bowl. Toss in the lettuce, cabbage, scallions, snow peas, and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients: the vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, cider vinegar, garlic power, and black pepper, until well mixed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss immediately before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Not your usual kebabs, these Hot Dog Kebabs are fun and colorful, and they taste great, too! You'll love the flavor-packed sauce over bite-sized pieces of hot dogs, bell peppers, corn, and onions for a sure-fire hit with the kids and everybody!