Country Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's no wonder one-pot recipes are tops on so many of our lists when it comes to dinnertime solutions. We think the best part of this recipe is that the longer it cooks the better the flavors blend.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 6 cups water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups long- or whole-grain rice, rinsed
What to Do
In a large pot, bring all ingredients except rice to a boil over medium-high heat.
Cover and allow to boil 35 minutes.
- Add rice and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until rice is tender, no pink remains in chicken, and chicken juices run clear.
Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
- Looking for more of our best rice recipes? Then be sure to check out our collection of Simple Rice Recipes: 29 Chicken and Rice Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.