We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever tried using stuffing as...breading? It's not as strange as you think. In fact, starting with stuffing makes our Crispy-Coat Chicken even crispier than using bread crumbs. Give this moist and crunchy coated chicken a try tonight!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing, finely crushed
- 1 (0.7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a shallow dish, combine stuffing crumbs, Italian dressing mix, and sage; set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk eggs. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg. Roll chicken in crumb mixture until evenly coated on all sides, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
For flavor variations, add these ingredients to the stuffing crumbs:
- Asian: 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Cajun: 2 teaspoons paprika, 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Italian: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
And for a great go-along, team this with a side of our Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The key to making this red potato salad taste phenomenal is to use fresh dill. Our Dilly Dally Potato Salad recipe is a lightened-up version of one of your favorite potato salads. Everyone at your potluck will enjoy this tasty dish!