Crispy Crunchy Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready for a fight, 'cause our Crispy Crunchy Fried Chicken is so good you'll be battling for the last chicken leg. There's nothing better than crispy, seasoned chicken skin and juicy, succulent meat. Mhmm, is your mouth watering yet?
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (see Note)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- Place chicken in a large bowl of ice water and let sit 30 minutes.
- In a second large bowl, combine baking mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. In a third large bowl, mix buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Remove chicken from water, shaking off excess water, and dip in seasoned baking mix then into buttermilk mixture, and again in seasoned baking mix, coating completely each time.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. Fry coated chicken in batches for 10 to 12 minutes per side until golden and no pink remains. drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- The hot sauce gives our chicken a nice kick of flavor, but, if you prefer, you can leave it out.
- To ensure that you get a really crispy coating, always soak your chicken in ice water before breading or battering it. After all, the best part of fried chicken is the crunch.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,117
- Calories from Fat 667
- Total Fat 74g 114 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 61 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 73g 146 %
- Cholesterol 206mg 69 %
- Sodium 3,832mg 160 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %