We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This chicken dish is so "engaging" that one bite is all it'll take to fall in love. In fact, our Engagement Chicken is said to be so good that when a young lady makes it for her boyfriend, he's often so impressed, he'll ask her to marry him. While we can't guarantee results, we can assure you that it's downright tasty!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) chicken
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1/2 cup white wine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine oil of choice, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and rub with seasoning mixture until completely coated. Stuff the 4 rosemary sprigs and 2 lemon halves inside cavity. Squeeze remaining lemon halves over chicken, then place in pan. Pour wine over chicken.
- Bake uncovered 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken skin is crispy and juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from oven and discard rosemary and lemon halves.
- Place chicken on serving platter, garnish with the extra rosemary sprigs, and serve.
A side of our roasted potatoes is the way to go here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .