Fast Chicken in Pepper Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's a cinch to cook like an Italian chef - just spice things up a bit. One taste of this festive dish of chicken in a pepper sauce, and it's like a tour of Italy without ever leaving home.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1½ to 2 pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper. Place the beaten eggs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the flour mixture and then dip in the eggs, coating completely. Cook the chicken in 2 batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove the chicken to a covered platter to keep warm.
- Before cooking the second batch, wipe the skillet out with a paper towel and use the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and oil.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and !/8 teaspoon white pepper, in a blender or food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade and process for a few seconds, or until the peppers are chopped and the mixture is combined.
- Pour into the skillet, then return the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!