General Tso's Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You've ordered it as takeout and dined on it at the mall, but have you ever made it in your own kitchen? Our recipe for General Tso's Chicken is going to leave you speechless. You won't believe how easy it is to recreate this favorite Chinese-inspired dish! With just the right amount of sweetness and a whole lot of flavor, this recipe is a real winner.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups crushed cornflake cereal
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place flour in a shallow dish, egg in another shallow dish, and cereal in a third shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken piece in flour, egg, and cereal, coating completely. Place on baking sheet. Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine broth, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, tomato paste, sugar, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into broth mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Place chicken in a large serving bowl. Pour sauce over chicken, toss until evenly coated, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.