Italian Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you want to get all the flavors of Mama's old-fashioned Italian-style cooking, without having to spend hours at the stove, then you've got try this recipe! Our Italian Chicken and Rice is a tasty dinner that'll satisfy the whole family.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1/2 pound processed cheese spread (like Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan, mix water, rice, tomatoes, cheese spread, onion, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Top mixture with chicken pieces and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Italian seasoning.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for more of our best rice recipes? Then be sure to check out our collection of Simple Rice Recipes: 29 Chicken and Rice Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 798
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27g 42 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 87g 175 %
- Cholesterol 261mg 87 %
- Sodium 2,328mg 97 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 8.4g 0 %