Jiffy Chicken Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We call this recipe our Jiffy Chicken Surprise because it's ready in a flash, and has surprisingly big flavors for a dish that's so easy to make! This Italian chicken recipe might just be the best baked chicken your family has ever tried; the creamy ricotta cheese, Italian red sauce, and juicy chicken make sure of that.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, oil, garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly over chicken breasts and roll up jelly-roll style. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Top with bread crumbs and lightly spray each roll-up with cooking spray. (This gives it an oven-fried quality you'll love!)
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear and crust is golden.
Test Kitchen Tips
- We like to serve this with warm spaghetti sauce for spooning over the top!
- For more Italian style recipes, check out our Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Recipes! Plus, we've got delicious Must-Make Meatball Recipes you're going to love.
- If you're looking for the ultimate Italian dinner menu, we recommend our Basil Pesto Focaccia as an easy appetizer. Follow that up with our All-in-One Italian Bake as a main course, and our Big Bowl Antipasto for a side that's fresh and light.
And, of course, don't forget our Three Cheese Garlic Bread! For dessert, be sure to try our Best Cannoli Dip; it's sweet, creamy, and perfectly Italian.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 277
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 525mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.5g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 1.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)