Jiffy Chicken Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Has your gang got the boring dinner blues? Here's a great tip for a treat you can make in a jiffy. Keep an extra package of chicken breasts in the freezer, and wake things up with a mouthwatering surprise!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1½ to 2 pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts and roll up jelly-roll style. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper, then with the bread crumbs. Coat the bread crumbs with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and the juices run clear.
Serve with warm spaghetti sauce for spooning over the top.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 121
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.2g 12 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 222mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.6g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you grew up in an Italian household or had friends who did, then you're probably familiar with "meatball cookies." For those of you who aren't, a meatball cookie is just an Italian cookie that's shaped like a meatball. Our Chocolate Meatball Cookies are a great addition to any holiday cookie platter and can spark up some fun conversation!