Mama's Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
M-m-m...the aroma of this chicken pot pie baking in the oven takes us back to the warmth of Mama's cozy kitchen, but without all the fuss and mess! Our version uses frozen vegetables with an easy homemade crust. Make this family favorite tonight, and you'll have 'em beggin' for it again and again!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually add broth, stirring until smooth.
- Add chicken, frozen vegetables, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 7- x 11-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be lumpy.)
- Gently spoon batter evenly on top of chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes or until golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 388
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 27g 53 %
- Cholesterol 102mg 34 %
- Sodium 668mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 1.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.