Maple Citrus Watermelon Glazed Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Having special company or celebrating a special occasion? Then our Maple Citrus Watermelon Glazed Chicken will do you proud. Plump chicken breasts are bathed in a tangy Asian marinade before grilling and topping with a luscious easy to make Maple Citrus Watermelon sauce.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
What to Do
- Simmer watermelon puree, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and cinnamon together in a heavy saucepan for 20 minutes or until sauce is thick; keep warm.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable bag with remaining ingredients and seal tightly. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- Grill until cooked through and no pink remains, and arrange on a warm platter. Pour the glaze over the chicken and serve.
Adapted from the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!