Mushroom Lover's Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mushrooms pair with everything, and our easy skillet dish Mushroom Lover's Chicken is smothered with a flavorful mushroom sauce that is company-fancy but easy enough for weeknight dinners.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, optional (see Note)
What to Do
In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating well.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove chicken to a plate and cover.
Melt butter in the same skillet. Add onions and mushrooms; saute 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken broth and wine and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Return chicken to skillet and cook 6 to 8 more minutes, or until no pink remains, turning chicken once.
- Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
If you prefer not to use wine, simple substitute it with an additional 1/2 cup chicken broth.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 350
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 7.1g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 29g 58 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 569mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %