Naked Sweet and Sour Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of Chinese-style sweet and sour chicken, but are trying to eat a little lighter, then you're going to love this lightened-up recipe. Our Naked Sweet and Sour Chicken is a homemade Chinese-takeout favorite!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
What to Do
- Preheat a stovetop wok or large skillet over medium-high heat or an electric wok to 400 degrees F. Heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add ketchup, honey, vinegar, pineapple and its juice, and red peppers; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce begins to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch; whisk well.
- When ketchup mixture is bubbling, add soy sauce mixture; cook 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through and sauce has thickened. Add scallions and toss until well coated.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)