Nana's Chicken & White Spaghetti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When Kelly in the Test Kitchen told us about her grandma's famous recipe, we knew that we had to share it with you. Nana's Chicken & White Spaghetti reminds us of those comforting dishes that grandma used to make and that we still cherish today.
What You'll Need
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs with skin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb fresh garlic, separated into cloves, peeled, and crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) package thin pasta, like angel hair
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
What to Do
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Brown chicken 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly golden. During the last minute or so of browning, reduce heat to low. Add garlic and parsley and stir. (Be careful not to burn garlic.) Add water to barely cover the chicken.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours. The oil will rise to the top as it cooks. Do not strain this off.
- During the last 10 minutes, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Just before serving, remove chicken from pot and set aside. Whisk the sauce for a few minutes to blend the oil and broth together.
- To serve, distribute pasta evenly between 4 plates, toss each with about 1/4 cup sauce, and place 1 to 2 pieces of chicken on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,160
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60g 93 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 62g 123 %
- Cholesterol 284mg 95 %
- Sodium 228mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 88g 29 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 4.1g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.